Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Learning from a Blog

I am an avid blog reader. I read blogs mostly about books, home improvement, and family. I was VERY interested in hearing about the website www.technorati.com. It's like the yellow pages for blogs! I love being able to type in what I am interested in learning about that day and having new blogs at my fingertips. I'm adding some to my beloved Google Reader today.

To help me professionally, I like: http://kidslit.menashalibrary.org/
Using blogs could be a fun new way to help with collection development.

Personally, a blog favorite of mine is: www.younghouselove.com
This couple have been able to both quit their jobs and make a career out of full time blogging.

As mentioned above, I searched for new blogs today using Technorati.

I think that it is very interesting how blogging is changing careers. The first blog I posted is updated everyday. I'm sure that it is in someone's job description to post. The second blog is using blogging as a career to pay the bills. I wonder how many of our students will be able to do that in the future?

I think that for our schools, RSS feeders are a WONDERFUL resources. We're always hearing about how many things administrators, staff, and students have on their plates. RSS feeders are a great time saving tool. Viewers can get in and get the information they need without getting bogged down by surfing the web for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment